- Star Trek Armada Ii
- Star Trek Armada 2 Free
- Star Trek Armada Full Game
- Star Trek Armada 2 Mods
- Star Trek Armada 3
- Star Trek Armada 2 Download Windows 10
The press release that accompanies Armada II states that the original game was 'the best-selling Star Trek RTS ever', which is funny considering its only competition is the monstrous New Worlds. To be fair, Armada was an entertaining, if somewhat simplistic, take on the real-time strategy genre, wrapped up in an excellent storyline.
- > >
- Star Trek: Armada II
Description of Star Trek: Armada II WindowsRead Full Review
Ferengi. Who needs 'em? Stinking bottom-dwellers of the universe. Not only do they sound like nasally twelve-year old girls, but they look like rats on a bad hair day. Heck, I'd rather hob-knob with the Borg than associate with those furry excuses for a life form. In fact, give me one day as a Federation Admiral and I'd photon torpedo them all back to their homeworld. Wham, see you in the next rerun, ya hairball!
And while this is not exactly the plot for the new Next Generation-era real-time strategy game, Star Trek: Armada II, you do encounter the annoying species occasionally. In the skirmish mode you can even blow their cargo ships off the face of the universe. Cool. Besides that, you'll also resolve a new Federation crisis with those nasty Borg, power more ships and command two new races, and compete against other Trek fans in a highly improved multiplayer environment.
It's a strange twist that the single-player campaign is not nearly as interesting as the arcade-like gameplay of the original, released about two years ago. Memorable sequences abounded, from the time you had to slither you're way through a nebula-infested blockade as Worf, or the ambush missions where stealth played a more important role than outright combat. Armada II offers only three campaigns, including the Federation, Klingons, and Borg.
Somewhat of a letdown, the scripted sequences feel more like the design team was struggling for ideas. Why start the game with a mission against the impenetrable Borg, making one of the fiercest Federation enemies into hapless idiots? Usually, the Borg would deploy their gigantic Cubes and crush the Federation like ants. Instead, because it's the first mission, you can easily wipe them out in about 15 minutes. Other missions keep you on your toes in ambushes and escort missions, but there's rarely the adrenalin rush of a more fast-paced space combat RTS.
This might have been intentional. Changes to the basic gameplay mechanics include new resources to gather (metal and latinum), a new Y-axis similar to the one in Homeworld where ships can move up and down in space, and a new colonization requirement. In other words, you'll spend more time performing routine functions and strategizing about unit movement than actually firing phasers and killing off your enemies. Battles take more time to develop, and even a new 'tactical' viewing angle that rotates around the action can't help hide the fact that there just isn't enough happening on screen other then lots of ships firing at each other. Cheesy cutscenes that introduce some missions don't make up for the lack of variety during the campaigns.
Still, the single-player mode does have its shares of strengths. There are 45 new ship classes and 22 new special weapons, plus a plethora of new space stations and incidental space matter. One obvious disadvantage to a space combat game that uses a real-time strategy model is that the game takes place in the blackness of open space. Fortunately, all the locations are well populated (or maybe over-populated) with space dust, dilithium moons, planets, black holes, asteroid belts, wormholes, and exactly seven different kinds of nebulae. Seeing the Borg stuck in the middle of space with the Federation on one side and Species 8472 on the other has its own appeal.
Multiplayer and skirmish modes have been beefed up significantly. In addition to the races included in the campaigns, you can also play as Species 8472, the Cardassians, and the Romulans. Only Species 8472 offers a significantly different gameplay experience. Organisms are birthed from a 'mother' and then evolved into ships and stations. There's no resource gathering, but it takes longer to build up a fleet. The powerful Battleship is one of the only units that's a match for the new Borg fusion cube, which is essentially a combination of eight regular cubes. Borg can't assimilate Species 8472, so gameplay is balanced nicely. New modes such as capture the flag help keep battles interesting.
More than anything, it's the social aspect to multiplayer that makes it so entertaining. Trek fans are definitely devoted to their series. Newbies can easily find someone to show them the ropes, and clans have been forming quickly ever since the release. Players online are generally more helpful and serious about the game, as opposed to some multiplayer experiences where everyone is far less intense. This actually helps with the actual gameplay balancing because players are willing to change races, offer advice, and generally even the playing field.
There are just a few other new features worth mentioning. Armada 2 now allows you to group units into formations, which is helpful since there are so many new ships and intense combat sequences. 'Facing Based Damaged' is a new strategy element. Frontal assaults will affect weapon systems and life support, whereas a rear attack will cause engine damage. In practice, the combat is just too quick and there are too many ships to even make this a viable strategy. If Armada 2 had focused on larger ships with more weapon systems it would have been a more important factor. Even the Armada 2 website mentions the fact that the best attack is to just send wave after wave of smaller ships into combat, so it's a negligible addition.
A revamped 3D graphics engine definitely enhances the experience. Borg stations have an incredibly high polygon count with layer after layer of detail. It's cool to see the wireframe ghost image when you first place these structures. Federation vessels are probably the most lacking since they look a little pale against black space. Some weapons send an expansive shockwave of destruction; others look a little more like peashooters. But, for the most part, everything you see in the game looks really impressive, especially when you zoom in for a close view.
One problem, though, is that you rarely CAN zoom in for a close-up. Since there are so many units, the game almost requires an overhead perspective to keep track of the action. There were many times when the screen just didn't seem big enough, even at high resolutions. The control interface takes up about a third of the screen, and most sections cannot be hidden from view.
Armada 2 has a low-key soundtrack and sounds that seem to be lifted right out of the Next Generation series. Each race has its own set of blips, weapon effects, and unit responses to match the tone of that race. It's especially rewarding to play as the Klingon and feel like you're getting chewed out for every action you take.
So, while the campaign mode doesn't offer as much arcade action and the new strategic additions actually lessen the overall space combat feel, there's still plenty here for Trek fans and non-Trekkies alike. Some gamers might decide to skip right past the campaign mode and dive right into skirmishes and multiplayer, and that's certainly not a bad thing. If Activision and new developer Mad Doc can think up more interesting things for these races to do during campaigns, add bigger ships to more races, and keep the multiplayer the way it is, we might see a third installment that outdoes them all.
Review By GamesDomain
Captures and Snapshots
Screenshots from MobyGames.com
Comments and reviews
/craigslist-auto-poster-for-mac-download/. not sure why everyone is complaining about the cue bin files its just another form of cd rip never had probs with cue bin except if the files themselves are currupted
i downloaded the game extracted the files to default location but there wasnt anything there to b able to actually play the game was just 2 files BIN and CUE files that wanted another file to b downloaded B4 they could b opened did i do it wrong ?
I have a win10 32bit pc and armada runs perfect in windows 7. I used the nocd.exe and have copied it to drive D. It runs fine stand alone and you can make as many copies you want. I have 3 modded version on my D drive. But the map editor and the ship viewer only works in the default folder.
It's still fun 19 years later. :-)
worked fine win 10 for me, although you may have to troubleshoot the compatibility on some computers. mine did it automatically, but I think theres a submenu option (right click file) that lets you do it manually.
1.1 patch is on this page under the entire comments section, so is link to no-CD patch. its under these comments, scroll down. you need these patches, you can also find 1.1 on modDB. windows mount utility didnt recognize, so i use powerISO to mount. (daemonlite and wincdemu are also great.) Afterwards head over to modDB and check out the fo:roots mod +patch, its pretty fun and actually recent. (2019) or check out the Fleet Operations mod 3.2.x, an older variation but also fun. good luck gamers.
It doesn't work well with windows10. Although I got a right game,I can't play the game.
Star Trek Armada Ii
I install game right now
A Lesser Man2019-03-09-1 point
This is NOT an ISO file. It's a BIN and CUE file, zipped up! Liars.
I followed your steps to the letter. Unfortunately when I have attempted to launch it, it gave me a 'insert CD' window.
I do not know how to over come this, and I cannot play the game. If you have an ideas, let me know.
1) Download and install Fleetops (https://www.fleetops.net/download)
2) Navigate to the fleetops directory and create a folder called 'Mods' (Default directory is 'program files/fleet operations/data/mods'.
3) Download STA2 Classic (It's essentially Armada 2, optimised as a Fleetops mod, which is crazy, 'cause Fleetops was originally an Armada 2 mod) from https://www.moddb.com/games/star-trek-armada-ii/downloads/a2-classic, unzip and place in the Mods folder.
4) Run Fleetops, click on 'options' and the 'mod options'. You can launch the game from there.
You will require the ISO from this site, or an original game disk to run it.
I know it's a little long winded, but I have never managed to find another way to get the game working.
Mounted the iso , ran patch, crack etc. game now states i dont have enough memory or hd space.
win7 64bit ultimate os
any one know a fix for this armada 1 works fine. Compatabilty adjustments make no dif.
I was able to install the program but it would never boot up the game. It just had the splash screen for a few seconds and then nothing. I tried opening it both with and without the 'no cd' exe. Also had the patch installed. As someone else noted it apparently doesn't work well with Windows 10. Also didn't work when trying to change the compatibility with older Windows.
Oh well, at least Armada 1 works!
wincdEMUmounter is the mounter that helped me get the battle net version of warcraft 2 to work that I also downloaded from this site
Ok. This is what i did to get this to run
-download armada 2 from link above
-download a .iso mounting program (i use wincdEMUmounter. its easy to figger out . from the drop down menu choose cd-rom)
-once you do that the game will run an installer
-then download the latest patch from modbd.com
-run the patch (it has an installer)
-then go to https://megagames.com/download-ready/266793/0
(BIG THANKS TO TOROUS83 FOR THIS ONE) and download the no cd crack
-unzip the crack and you will get armada2.exe
-move this new armada2.exe to your armada 2 game directory and REPLACE the old armada2.exe
-I also made a new desktop shortcut (dunno if I had to but thought it was a good idea)
Hope this helps :)
you need the game crack and the patch to play, first install the game, run the patch then copy the crack to installation directory. You can find the crack here: https://megagames.com/download-ready/266793/0
If you are trying to play this it does not play well with windows 10 however in the compatbility tab select windows 2000 and it should start, it may not be as good as the first one however it does have the best mod avilable which turns the game into babylon 5 rts game which is awesome. Play the vorlon/Narn/Earth Alliance/Centari (they can ally with draak or solo)Rangers faction (vorlon or rangers) Vorlons/Shadows or B5 faction which can choose to ally with 3rd space or use any league nation ships
How do I get this to play without the CD? I'm trying to use a crack but they won't work..
Thank you. I have been looking for this. My brother lost my disc.
Media player classic download para mac. ArthurRex122018-03-26-6 points
Can someone help me troubleshoot the installation process? I'm at a loss here.
Compared to the original, this was pretty rubbish - less variety to the races, borg cubes that went down like flies, missions with more set-in-stone failure conditions (so whereas in the first game, if you were spotted during a stealth mission, the enemy would all start fighting you and making the mission harder but still giving you a chance, in this game getting spotted would mean the mission immediately ends with a game-over message). Fortunately the modding community made so many improvements that they effectively made a third game from this, known as Fleet Operations. If you download this game, it's essential to download that mod. Their website also has some patches for getting the original game working on modern computers.
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Star Trek: Armada II (Windows), read the abandonware guide first!
Download Star Trek: Armada II Windows
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentations when possible. If the manual is missing and you own the original manual, please contact us!
Just one click to download at full speed!
Star Trek Armada 2 Free
Various files to help you run Star Trek: Armada II, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games:
- Official Star Trek Icons for Mac OS v.1.0This highly detailed set of desktop icons is based on objects and vessels from the new movie from producer J.J. Abrams and are sure to please.Star Trek fans of all ages will enjoy decorating their Mac OS or Windows Vista desktop with icons such as ..
- Star Trek: Galaxy Conquest v.1.0STGC is a browser-based game set in the StarTrek (tm) universe which has been developed over three years and now finally has gone open-source. For support please visit the homepage of this project.
- Trek Tech for Mac OS v.1.0Thanks to the recent release of StarTrek Online, the franchise created by visionary Gene Roddenberry over 40 years ago, is once again all the rage. This new massive online multiplayer game from Cryptic Studios puts players at the helm of their very ..
- Colony7 for EF2 v.1.0Portation of Colony7 for EF2. Colony7 is a singleplayer mod for STARTREK: Voyager - Elite Force. We want to port it to EF2 and need YOUR help. We will soon release the code for chapter 1. If you want to help us, you hve to register in our ..
- Ifs v.1.12IFS is a full Fleet Management System for StarTrek play-by-email RPG's. It includes a website CMS (content management system), as well as a powerful backend to keep track of the ships, COs, and players in the ..
- Netrek v.2.9.3Netrek is a multiplayer battle simulation game with a StarTrek theme. Up to 16 players are divided into two teams that fight each other for dominion over the ..
- TitanGS Java v.0.2.5Titan GS Java (JTGS) turn based strategy game based on the StarTrek universe. This is the Java version. Eventually the game will even be fun, but now only exists as a vehicle for my education (it is a learning project), meaning it should always ..
- Trek7 v.rcTrek7 the original multiplayer network startrek game from the early-mid 70s. We are hoping to revive this classic (no, its not netrek/mtrek, not even close). hopefully the SF community can help port this to modern day ..
- MacX iPad DVD Video Converter Pack v.4.0.3MacX iPad DVD Video Converter Pack is a must-have tool for iPad users to convert any DVD and video files to MP4, H.264, MPEG-4, MOV for playback on Mac, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini with retina display, iPad 2/3/4, QuickTime, Apple TV with high speed.
Star Trek Armada Full Game
- Hangman Pro for Macintosh v.2.0.9Hangman Pro is a modern take on the classic hangman word-guessing game. It features colorful, non-violent graphics, digitized sounds, dozens of built-in word categories, thousands of words, unlimited custom lists and menu, timed games and photo fun.
- Star Titler for Mac OS v.2.0.1The Star Titler generator lets you recreate the look of the opening titles used by the original Star Wars movie in 1977.- Type or import your own text, customize its style and let it roll.- Depth blurring simulates characters going out-of-focus ..
- LEGO Star Wars II for Mac OS v.1.0Follows the Rebel Alliance’s battle to dismantle the Galactic Empire and rebuild a galaxy in pieces. From Darth Vader’s pursuit of Princess Leia aboard her blockade runner to a showdown on the reconstructed Death Star, the game ..
- Star Wars: Empire at War for Mac OS v.1.05 Rev APuts the power to command an entire war for the Star Wars galaxy in the hands of players, giving them the freedom to determine how they play the game within the completely scalable and accessible gameplay. Set a few years before the events of ..
- Star Defender 3 for Mac OS v.1.15The year is 2743 A.D., only two short years since the last war, and the Insectus have already prepared for their next wave, with new tricks to defeat you at every corner. The human forces are still weakened from Star Defender 2 battle and it is up ..
- New Star Tennis for Mac OS v.1.05Unlike any other tennis game out there. It couples a fun and addictive game of tennis with a detailed career mode that gives you a glimpse into the life of a young tennis star. Starting out as a 16 year old newcomer to the circuit you must train ..
- Jewel Quest: The Sleepless Star Premium Edition for Mac OS v.1.0Follow the travels and travails of intrepid explorer, Percy Pack, in Jewel Quest: The Sleepless Star. On a quest for a jewel called the Sleepless Star, Percy discovers that the jewel has been stolen from a Native American village by an unscrupulous ..
- Star Defender 4 for Mac OS v.1.11A side-scrolling shooter that turns boundless space into one big warzone. Enter the ravaging struggle between insects and humans and make sure not a single alien escapes its part of free lead. Star Defender 4 has 8 extra large and unique missions, ..
- Big star pendant v.1.0In you'll see amazing Big star pendants.
- Star Defender 4 for Mac OS X v.1.11Who can give a dare to numerous hordes of Inserctus and to protect the native Galaxy? What do the Black Holes hide inside them and where do they lead? To answer these questions one should become a hero of Star Defender 4 game who is brave and strong ..
- North Star Bulletin Board System v.1.0The North Star Bulletin Board System (NSBBS) is an intelligent Java based Web Application. NSBBS was developed using the MVC architecture and should install on almost any J2EE compliant Web server. Features include flood prevention and PM ..
Star Trek Armada 2 Mods
Star Trek Armada 3
- Battle Star Wars TCG Battle Star Wars TCG is a program to play the Star Wars
- Create A Mall for Mac OS You are Kelly, a rising star in a mall development
- Star Defender 3 for Mac OS The year is 2743 A.D., only two short years since the last
- Jewel Quest: The Sleepless Star Premium Follow the travels and travails of intrepid explorer, Percy
- Star Wars: Empire at War for Mac OS Puts the power to command an entire war for the Star Wars
- Hangman Pro for Macintosh Hangman Pro is a modern take on the classic hangman
- Rangy Lil's Wild West Adventure for Mac OS Rangy Lil is the star attraction of Pecos Bill`s traveling
- Jolly Rover for Mac OS It be the golden age of pirates! Dogs of the sea! Quite
- LEGO Star Wars II for Mac OS Follows the Rebel Alliance’s battle to dismantle the
- 2010 Nautical Almanac Complete 2010 Nautical Almanac in pdf format. Includes star