- Microsoft Silverlight For Mac
- Silverlight Not Working Chrome
- Silverlight Installed But Not Working
- Downloaded Silverlight But Not Working
If you have already installed Microsoft Silverlight on your computer, but when you 're trying to access a website that needs it, Internet Explorer prompts you to install –again- the Silverlight in order to display the website contents and apparently you do that, when you try to access –or refresh – the page, then again Internet Explorer prompt to install it again, then follow the steps in this guide to easily fix the Silverlight problem in Internet Explorer.
Silverlight means Business. SAP is the world's largest business software company. For their Business ByDesign product, SAP utilized Silverlight's powerful.NET programming model and familiar Visual Studio tools to rapidly develop a visually compelling and easy to use application.
How to solve Silverlight missing problem in Internet Explorer.
Enable Microsoft Silverlight on Internet Explorer.
Microsoft Silverlight For Mac
- From Internet Explorer’s main menu, click: the “gear” icon at the top right corner and choose “Manage Add-ons”.
- At the left pane, at the 'Show:' options, using the drop-down menu choose to show 'All add-ons' instead of 'Currently loaded add-ons'.
- Now, select the 'Microsoft Silverlight' add-on on the right pane and press Enable.
- Close all Internet Explorer windows and restart IE.
- Now you should be able to view Silverlight webpages without problems.
Additional Troubleshooting Steps:
1. Try to completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer (Control Panel > Programs and Features). Additionally you can use the Microsoft Fix-it tool to completely uninstall Silverlight. (Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2608523).
2. Verify the Silverlight installation by visiting the Microsoft's Silverlight demo site. If Silverlight works there but doesn't work on other pages that they need it, then you have to contact the website's author.
3. Reset Internet Explorer Settings to default. To do that:
- From Internet Explorer's main menu, click: the “gear” icon at the top right corner and choose “Internet Options”.
- Go to “Advanced Tab”.
- Click the “Reset” button.
- Check to enable the “Delete Personal Settings”.
- Press “Reset”
- Close all Internet Explorer windows and restart your browser.
4. Use a different browser.
Silverlight Not Working Chrome
That’s all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this.
Aug 28,2019 • Filed to: Video Downloader and Recorder • Proven solutions
Silverlight is a popular plug-in from Microsoft that is needed to help people to play video files from Netflix. That is, it helps people to enjoy different high-definition streaming files. This is a great plug-in but people who want to use Netflix on the Mac OS setup must look at what they can do to get a Silverlight download for Netflix. Fortunately, it is easy for people to get Silverlight to work on the Mac.
Part 1. The Best Netflix Movies Downloader - iTube HD Video Downloader
Since Netflix does not allow for downloading of movies and videos from their websites, users who want to save videos for offline viewing have to use other methods such using video downloading or recording applications to download Netflix videos. iTube HD Video Downloader is one of such applications, which you can use to easily download movies from Netflix. The application, which is designed to be used as a download manager, allows you to download videos from Netflix and hundreds of other video sharing websites such as YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Daiymotion, Metacafe, etc. It comes with an easy-to-use interface that guides you through the download process, ensuring that you can easily download the videos you want from various websites.
iTube HD Video Downloader - The Best Netflix Movies Downloader
- High quality video download at the click of a button.
- Multiple video and audio format support.
- A built-in converter that allows you to convert videos.
- Extract high quality audio files from videos.
Part 2. How to Install Silverlight on the Mac
Step 1: Start by opening Netflix.
Step 2: Select any title on Netflix that you want to play.
Silverlight Installed But Not Working
Step 3: A Silverlight dialog box should appear as you try to play it. This should prompt you to install Silverlight right there.
Step 4: Open the downloads page on your browser and open the Silverlight.dmg file. The download space will vary based on the browser you use. In most cases it will be right at the top of your browser.
Step 5: After you open the file, you will see the prompt Silverlight.pkg. You must hold control on your keyboard and then select that file. You can then open that file.
Step 6: A pop-up menu will open to let you know that you are opening the file. Be sure to click to allow it to open.
Step 7: Open the prompt that says that the .pkg file is not available from the Apple App Store. You should agree to open it while always allowing it to run on the Mac.
Step 8: The prompts to complete the installation should appear in a bit after this. This should be good enough to help you get the installation ready.
Downloaded Silverlight But Not Working
You can use this process to get Silverlight to run on a Mac. This will allow you to get easy access to the technology that Netflix uses right on your computer. This Silverlight download for Netflix is easy to handle and will work in just a few minutes.
There are a few important Netflix Silverlight problems that you should be aware of.
What if you keep on getting prompts to install Silverlight every time?
You will need to go to the extensions or plug-ins control menu on your web browser to see that Silverlight is enabled. You will have to configure the browser to run Silverlight every time in the event that you keep on getting prompts to get it installed.
Are cookies working?
You will have to clear out your Netflix cookies and then log back in again to get your Netflix account to work. You should not have any struggles with trying to get Silverlight to work when you uninstall and then reinstall the file.
Is your browser updated?
You will need to get the Google Chrome or Opera browser to work for your playback needs. This should be good enough to give you the support that you need to play back files. More importantly, these browsers can work with the HTML5 setup. This should be rather easy for you to play back as needed.