Safari Extension For Selenium
WebDriver Connections in Eggplant Functional
, you first must install the Selenium server and the appropriate driver for your browser on the system under test (SUT). Automation and communication between Eggplant Functional and the SUT work roughly in this way:
The Selenium server sends WebDriver commands and functions from Eggplant Functional to a driver that is specific to the browser you're using. This driver uses these commands to control and test the web page. The driver returns the test results through the Selenium server to Eggplant Functional.
To configure Eggplant Functional
to work with the Selenium framework on a Mac, you must install the Selenium server, the Java SE Development Kit (JDK), and the appropriate WebDriver for any browser you want to test against. These examples use ChromeDriver, the WebDriver for the Google Chrome browser:
- Open Terminal and navigate to usr/bin/.
- Run the following command:ruby -e '$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)'
Tip: To install Java using Homebrew, run the following command:
The command should return the Selenium server version that you just installed.
From a command prompt, run the following command to start the Selenium server:
Safari Extension For Selenium
For compatibility with Eggplant Functional, you must use Chrome version 60 or later and ChromeDriver version 2.33 or later. Download the WebDriver for Chrome, then complete the following steps to let the Selenium server know the location of ChromeDriver:
- Open a command window.
- Run the following command:
- Provide your password.
- Navigate to the bottom of the file and enter the path to ChromeDriver. For example, your path might look like the following:/Users/<username>/Documents
- Type Ctrl+X to quit the editor.
- Enter Y to save your changes.
- Press Enter to confirm your changes.
To enable automation in the Safari browser, follow these steps:
- Go to Safari > Preferences and select the Advanced tab.
- Select Show Develop menu in menu bar. Close Preferences.
- Go to Develop > Allow Remote Automation.
Note:Download logger pro for mac free. WebDriver automation with Safari requires macOS Sierra (10.12) or later and Safari 10.0 or later.
A WebDriver Server setup file for Windows is available from the Eggplant Functional Downloads page. When you run the file, WebDriverServerSetup.exe, it installs the Selenium WebDriver server, the Oracle Java SE Run Time Environment (JRE), and WebDrivers for Internet Explorer, Edge, and Chrome browsers. Complete these steps to configure Selenium for Eggplant Functional:
- Go to Eggplant Functional Downloads.
- Download and run the WebDriver Server (WebDriverServerSetup.exe).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Selenium WebDriver.
To start the Selenium server, do one of the following:
- Select Run Selenium Server from the Start > WebDriverServer program group.
Do the following to start the Selenium Server manually:
- Open a command prompt.
- Navigate to the C:Program FilesWebDriverServer directory.
- Run the Selenium server by typing the following command and pressing enter:
Removing the Selenium Configuration
Safari Webdriver Download