Respondus Lockdown Browser - Mac Install LockDown Browser can be used to give BlackBoard tests while preventing a student from accessing other resources on their computers, such as Word documents (with notes), web pages, chat programs, etc. Categories: Instructional Technology; About Respondus LockDown Browser. LockDown Browser is a locked browser for taking tests in Blackboard Learn. It prevents students from printing, copying, visiting another URL, or accessing other applications during a test. Be sure to download and run the software before taking an exam. Contact your instructor to obtain the correct download link for LockDown Browser. Important Instructions: There are 5 steps to downloading and installing Respondus 4.0. Download the installation program. (.Note: Respondus runs on Windows, so you must be on a Windows machine to download.). Because the LockDown Browser is a shell that sits on top of an Internet browser (Internet Explorer for PC users and Safari for Mac Users), we recommend students access their course with either Internet Explorer or Safari and take a non-LDB enabled practice quiz to resolve any settings and media plug-ins prior to taking a test with LockDown Browser. Click on the “Download Respondus LockDown Browser link to install the LockDown Browser. Click on the “Install Now” button to download the LockDown Browser installation file. If you are not prompted to pick a location to save the file, it should save to your “Downloads” folder by default.
- Download Free Respondus Lockdown Browser
- How To Download Lockdown Browser Canvas
- How To Download Lockdown Browser Respondus
- Respondus Lockdown Browser Download Mac
Students, staff and faculty can set up LockDown Browser in HuskyCT.
Downloading and Installing Respondus LockDown Browser
Instructions on how to download lockdown browser can also be found on the HuskyCT Institution page.
Once you have downloaded LockDown browser, you will need to install the program. The method for installing LockDown Browser will differ based on your operating system (OS). The sections below contain installation instructions for each. Review the appropriate instructions for your OS.
Installing LockDown Browser for Windows
To install LockDown Browser for Windows,
Click on Install Now on the right side of the page.
- A download window will appear. Click Save File.
- If prompted by a security warning, click Run.
- Once the installed comes up, click Click to Install.
- If you have UAC active, click yes.
- Choose a setup Language and click Next. The installer will now begin to run. When you get to the license agreement, select I accept…
- Click Next. The installer will finish.
- Click Finish to complete the process.
Installing LockDown Browser for MacOS
To install LockDown Browser for MacOS,
- Click on Install Now on the right side of the page.
- The installer will be put in your Downloads folder. Open it up from there. Once the installer opens, follow the onscreen instructions by clicking Continue for the 'Introduction' and 'License' sections.
- Select the Mac HD or the default hard drive for the destination to install.
- Click Continue.
- Click Install.
- The installation will then run. When complete, click Close.
Installing LockDown Browser for Chromebook (Chrome OS)
The LockDown Browser for Chromebook app cannot be made available to students for use on their personally-owned devices. LockDown Browser for Chromebook is available only to K-12 schools that have purchased a LockDown Browser license, and use school-wide mobile device management for their Chromebooks. UConn does not meet this criteria.
Testing for Whether LockDown Browser is Required
Performing a test in HuskyCT will indicate whether or not LockDown Browser is required.
Download Free Respondus Lockdown Browser
To test if LockDown Browser is required,
- Close all programs except the one connecting you to the Internet.
- Locate the Lockdown Browser shortcut on the desktop and double-click it.
- Mac OS users should launch LockDown Browser from the Applications folder.
If prompted, either close a blocked program (e.g., screen capture or instant messaging) by choosing Yes, or close LockDown Browser and close the blocked program before restarting.
- Login to HuskyCT using your NetID and Password.
Navigate to the test and select it.
- If the instructor requires a test password, a new window will appear asking for the Exam Password. Enter the password.
- Click Begin Exam.
- The test will then start.
Once a test has been started with Respondus LockDown Browser, you cannot exit until you have clicked the Submit button.
Once LockDown Browser 2.0 Student Edition for Mac has been installed on one Mac computer, the app can be copied or pushed to other Macs across a network, or deployed with desktop management systems such as Apple Remote Desktop, JAMF Casper Suite, Cisco Meraki, Filewave, LanDesk, etc.
The recommended steps are:
1. Download the LockDown Browser 2.0 Student Edition for Mac installer, 'Install Respondus LockDown Browser xxxxxxxxx0.pkg' from the institution's unique download link, 'https://download.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=xxxxxxxxx' (The institution's unique link will be listed in the Respondus Administrator Area)
2. Install LockDown Browser-Mac on at least one Mac.
How To Download Lockdown Browser Canvas
3. Start LockDown Browser-Mac and then close the browser, to verify the installation.
How To Download Lockdown Browser Respondus
4. Copy the LockDown Browser app in Finder->Applications to other Macs in your network, placing the app in the Finder->Applications folder on those computers.
Respondus Lockdown Browser Download Mac
Note: Do not use desktop management systems to run the LockDown Browser installer. Instead, install LockDown Browser-Mac at least one time then copy/push/deploy the installed LockDown Browser app to other Macs.