Aug 18, 2020
WinHex is in its core a universal hexadecimal editor, particularly helpful in the realm of computer forensics, data recovery, low-level data processing, and IT security. An advanced tool for everyday and emergency use: inspect and edit all kinds of files, recover deleted files or lost data from hard drives with corrupt file systems or from digital camera cards. Features depend on the license type (license type comparison), among them:
- Disk editor for hard disks, floppy disks, CD-ROM & DVD, ZIP, Smart Media, Compact Flash, ..
- Native support for FAT12/16/32, exFAT, NTFS, Ext2/3/4, Next3®, CDFS, UDF
- Built-in interpretation of RAID systems and dynamic disks
- Various data recovery techniques
- RAM editor, providing access to physical RAM and other processes' virtual memory
- Data interpreter, knowing 20 data types
- Editing data structures using templates (e.g. to repair partition table/boot sector)
- Concatenating and splitting files, unifying and dividing odd and even bytes/words
- Analyzing and comparing files
- Particularly flexible search and replace functions
- Disk cloning (under DOS with X-Ways Replica)
- Drive images & backups (optionally compressed or split into 650 MB archives)
- Programming interface (API) and scripting
- 256-bit AES encryption, checksums, CRC32, hashes (MD5, SHA-1, ..)
- Erase (wipe) confidential files securely, hard drive cleansing to protect your privacy
- Import all clipboard formats, incl. ASCII hex values
- Convert between binary, hex ASCII, Intel Hex, and Motorola S
- Character sets: ANSI ASCII, IBM ASCII, EBCDIC, (Unicode)
- Instant window switching. Printing. Random-number generator.
- Supports files of any size. Very fast. Easy to use. Extensive program help.
Having all the bits and bytes in a computer at your fingertips has become a reality. Try before you buy. Computer forensics edition of WinHex with even more features: X-Ways Forensics.
Registered professional users include:
Microsoft Corp., Hewlett Packard, Deloitte & Touche, KPMG Forensic, Ernst & Young,
Toshiba Europe, Ericsson, National Semiconductor, Siemens AG, Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems,
U.S. federal law enforcement agencies, .. (more)
What's? Please check out the newsletter archiveor support forum.
User interface and program help fully available in English and German.
User interface also partially available in Chinese, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese.
*Limitations under Windows Vista/2008 Server/7: Physical RAM cannot be opened. Unable to write sectors on the partitions that contain Windows and WinHex.
Earlier versions may be made available to licensed users on request.