- Download Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac 188.8.131.52 for Mac. Fast downloads of the latest free software!
- Absolute protection designed specifically for Mac with zero impact on speed. With automatic updates and upgrades, Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac gives you the most innovative technologies that predict, prevent, detect and remediate the latest cyber-threats, including malware and ransomware.
Bitdefender free antivirus download for windows pc and mac. Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition is blazing fast, free to use, and loaded only with the best protection features that every computer needs.
Download BitDefender Antivirus 184.108.40.206 for Mac from FileHorse. 100% Safe and Secure One of the worlds most effective Anti-Virus for Mac. Bitdefender for mac free download - Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool, Bitdefender Antivirus Free, Bitdefender Total Security, and many more programs.
Why do I need antivirus?
Antivirus is a program that protects the device against- viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other unwanted invaders that can affect the functioning of your computer, laptop or mobile. Viruses often perform malicious acts, such as deleting files, accessing personal data, or using your computer to attack another computer. A high-quality antivirus softer is needed to ensure the proper functioning of your device.
What is special about Bitdefender?
Bitdefender antivirus fully protects your Windows, Mac OS, iOS and Android devices against different issues like- privacy invasion, ransomware, and many more. It is best for-Ransomware Protection, Protection of Sensitive Data, E-mail Protection, An Improved Online Security, and Professional Support.
Key Features of Bitdefender Free Antivirus
- With Bitdefender, you will also get a password manager and file shredder.
- It has an advanced firewall to protect your PC against the latest threats.
- It also supports USB scanning.
- It has inbuilt an anti-spam filter.
- Bitdefender also provides a search advisor.
- It has a built-in VPN service.
Bitdefender Antivirus 2019 is very different from its peers because:-
- It has the best malware detection algorithms.
- It also provides Multi-layer ransomware protection which keeps all the files safe and secure.
- It provides you the optimized speed and cross-platform performance.
If you are also bothered with theproblems of unwanted access and auto-deleting of files, then you needBitdefender for better performance and 100 % protection of your PC. So don’twait anymore and go for Bitdefender antivirus 2019 download today.
Bitdefender Free Antivirus download link:
For Windows: Download Here
For Mac: Download Here
Tags: Bitdefender free product key download, Bitdefender full version download
|Founded||2001; 19 years ago|
|Florin Talpeș (CEO)|
Number of employees
Bitdefender is a Romaniancybersecurity and anti-virus software company. It was founded in 2001 by Florin Talpeș who is currently the chief executive officer. Bitdefender develops and sells anti-virus software, internet security software, endpoint security software, and other cybersecurity products and services.
As of 2018, the software has about 500 million users worldwide.
Bitdefender software was originally developed by SOFTWIN and sold as AVX (Antivirus Expert) from 1996 until 2001, when its name was changed. In 2007, SOFTWIN spun off Bitdefender.
Bitdefender develops and markets anti-virus, internet security, endpoint security, and other cyber security products and services.
Bitdefender's Internet of things device protection solution is called Bitdefender BOX. The box is a router designed to protect smart home products and Internet of Things devices by blocking malicious internet traffic. It is available on both Windows and Mac.
Bitdefender offers a cloud-based security solution with anti-malware and anti-theft capabilities for Android and iOS users that is called Bitdefender Mobile Security.
For businesses, the company markets the Bitdefender GravityZone for Enterprise Security. It includes Self-configuring kits for deployment from desktop to datacenter to cloud, software that secures physical, virtual and cloud-based endpoints, and software that uses a Network of malware data to stay updated. Its software product for small businesses looking for simple security called Bitdefender GravityZone Business Security.
Bitdefender Antispam NeuNet
Download Free Antivirus Software For Mac
Bitdefender Antispam NeuNet, is an antispam filter trained by the Bitdefender Antispam Lab on a series of spam messages, so that it learns to recognize new spam by perceiving its similarities with the messages it has already examined.
In May 2006 Bitdefender developed a new technology, B-HAVE, to reduce dependency on virus signatures through proactive detection of unknown threats. This technology is based on a behavioral analysis in a virtualized environment.
Active Virus Control
Bitdefender introduced Active Virus Control in August 2009. This technology continuously monitors each program (specific processes) running on the PC as it executes, and it notes any malware-like actions. Each action is scored and, when a given threshold is reached, the process is reported as harmful.
In its 2014 version, the company claimed to feature a new technology called 'Photon Technology', which it says visibly improves computer speed and performance by gradually adapting to each PC.
Content filtering technologies
Content filtering technologies have been developed to filter raw online content and are applicable and used in antispam, anti-phishing, web filtering, scanning of spam and social networks. They facilitate the creation of signatures to proactively detect never-before-seen malicious files.
The company claims that Bitdefender is using cloud-based machine learning to identify new malware, malicious URLs and other online threats by processing and analysing big data to obtain behavioral patterns and predict future advanced threats.
In 2015, Qihoo 360 acknowledged accusations by three antivirus testing companies of providing for their testing a version of its anti-virus equipped with a antivirus engine licensed from Bitdefender, while the consumer version used Qihoo's own QVM engine instead. Currently,[when?] Qihoo's 360 product includes Bitdefender, Avira and Qihoo-developed engine.
In May 2009, customers criticized Bitdefender's support service for lack of responses. Bitdefender responded by saying they were aware of the problems, and that they would take steps to solve it. They attributed the problem to an unexpectedly high surge in customers. Currently,[when?] the company's website claims that support is available 24/7 on telephone, email, online chat, and an online knowledge base.
On 20 March 2010, computers running Bitdefender under 64-bit versions of Windows were affected by a malfunctioning update which classified every executable program as well as dll files as infected. These files were all marked as 'Trojan.FakeAlert.5' and were moved into quarantine. This action led to software and systems malfunctions that affected users around the world. Bitdefender representatives announced the removal of the faulty update and a workaround for the users affected, except for those using the 2008 version.
Asus AiSuite incompatibility
Bitdefender is incompatible with Asus AiSuite2 and Asus AiSuite3, a motherboard optimization suite of software bundled with Asus motherboards which enables automatic overclocking, power tuning and fan control. Bitdefender claims that the incompatibility is due to 'NDIS Asus driver (WinpkFilter LightWeight Filter), which prevents the installation of some Bitdefender files'.
- Code Shikara – a computer worm
- ^'Interview with Florin Talpes, CEO at Bitdefender'. Archived from the original on 2 November 2013. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- ^'Bitdefender Management'. Bitdefender. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- ^'Anti-malware vendors: global market share 2018 Statistic'. Statista. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- ^'Definition of: Bitdefender'. PC Magazine Encyclopedia. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- ^'Bitdefender GravityZone Enterprise Security'. Bitdefender. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- ^Bitdefender Antispam NeuNet
- ^'B-HAVE – The Road To Success'. Security-int.com. Archived from the original on 21 November 2009.
- ^Wan, Adrian (5 May 2015). 'Qihoo cuts ties with three antivirus testing firms in software dispute'. South China Morning Post.
- ^Keizer, Gregg (1 May 2015). 'Antivirus test labs call out Chinese security company as cheat'. Computerworld.
- ^'360 Total Security'.
- ^ ab'BitDefender support issues'. Pcworld.com. 12 May 2009. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- ^'Support Center'. Bitdefender.com. Retrieved 9 November 2010.
- ^McMillan, Robert. 'Bad Bitdefender Update Clobbers Windows PCs'. PC World.
- ^'Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue'. Archived from the original on 24 March 2010.
- ^Peter Bright (22 March 2010). 'Bitdefender update breaks 64-bit Windows PCs'.
- ^'Bitdefender installation fails due to ASUS AI Suite software - Bitdefender Support Centre'. bitdefender.co.uk. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- Official website(in Romanian)