- Download From Dropbox
- Download Photos App Mac
- Free Dropbox Download Mac
- Download Dropbox For Mac Desktop
The Dropbox desktop application is available for Linux, macOS, and Windows operating systems. (Visit this article instead if you are running Windows 10 in S mode).Once installed, you’ll have the Dropbox desktop app, a Dropbox icon in your system tray/menu bar, and a Dropbox folder on your computer. Any changes you make to the Dropbox application are automatically synced to your account on.
- Unlike many cloud photo storage services, Dropbox makes it easy to get to your image and video files once they’re backed up. Windows and Mac sync: Install our desktop app, and all your photos will appear in folders you can access from Windows File Explorer and macOS Finder. Organize them into subfolders or make adjustments in image editing software, just like any other file.
- There is really not an 'Export' process for this, you can simply copy them using the Dropbox app or download them using the Dropbox web site. Dropbox App Method 1.
- Mac users: Click on the Dropbox icon in your menu bar, select the gear icon at the bottom left, and click on Preferences. Click on the Account tab, and then click on Change Settings.
This tutorial is made for Mac OS using Safari internet browser.
Download From Dropbox
- Locate the download link in your email. “Small” contains photos resized for MLS, internet marketing and sending via email. “Big” contains photos in highest resolution and biggest file size for print.
- Click on the link to get to the Dropbox page.
- Locate the “Download” button in the top right corner and choose “Direct download”.
- Your web browser will initiate a download of a folder, which contains all of your photos.
- After the download is complete (see the download status bar in your browser), click on the downloaded folder name. That should take you to the folder where your web browser stores all downloaded files.
- You should see the individual files and each should have a resolution of 1200 x 800 pixels.
- You can verify the resolution by opening a context menu and choosing “Get Info”.
Do not use the “Save as…” option in your browser
Most common issue when not following these steps is saving the Dropbox page via your web browser option “Save As”. If you do that, you will end up with very small image files, because the browser will save only those small thumbnails which you see on the Dropbox page.
How to download and install the Dropbox desktop app
Once installed, you’ll be prompted to either sign in or create a new account.
How to install the desktop app with admin privileges
The Dropbox desktop app requires admin privileges to run with full functionality on your computer. This enables multiple different core features of Dropbox, including:
- Sync icons that show the sync status of files and folders
- Right-click context menus for taking quick actions in Dropbox
- Access to Smart Sync
For the vast majority of users, the desktop app is automatically installed with admin privileges. However, if you didn't install with admin privileges you can follow the instructions below to do so.
Note: If you don't have admin rights on your computer (for example if you're using a work computer), you may need to ask your IT department for help.
Install the Dropbox desktop app with admin privileges
- If you already have Dropbox installed, uninstall the application.
- Open the installer.
- Do not right-click, and do not command-click Run as an Administrator
- Follow the instructions in the install wizard.
- If you’re asked for an administrative username and password, enter them or contact your administrator to sign in.
- If you’re not asked for an administrative username and password, you’re already an admin on your computer.
- Complete the installation and sign in to Dropbox.
Smart Sync and admin privileges
Some Dropbox users will have access to Smart Sync. If you have access to this feature, check that Dropbox is installed with admin privileges on each computer where the feature will be used.
Download Photos App Mac
Depending on the policies at your company, your team members may be able to install Dropbox with admin privileges on their own. If not, they may need the assistance of your IT team.
Free Dropbox Download Mac
Why does the Dropbox desktop app for macOS require Keychain access?
Keychain is a password management system for Apple's macOS. Dropbox requires access to your Keychain to help verify your account and to provide another layer of security over the Dropbox app settings.
- To grant Keychain access to Dropbox, click Allow or Always Allow (recommended for seamless access) when prompted to do so from macOS.
- Clicking Deny will result in a 'Couldn't start Dropbox' error message. For security reasons, Dropbox will not start without access to your Keychain.
Download Dropbox For Mac Desktop
What is the Dropbox Web Helper for macOS?
Dropbox Web Helper supports the Dropbox user interface on macOS computers. It only runs when the desktop app is running. Dropbox Web Helper is an independent process, so it may start and stop at different times than the desktop app. If you adjust your firewall or antivirus software for Dropbox, we recommend similar adjustments for Dropbox Web Helper.