- How To Download Google Photos
- Google Photos On Mac
- Google Photos Download Mac
- Download All Google Photos
Google Photos is more than just a gallery app. It's an excellent photo backup service that also churns out neat edits from time to time. Plus, you can always go back in time to check your old memories. And the good thing is that you can search both by dates, place and as well as text. Over time, Google Photos accumulates thousands and thousands of these memories. So, how do you download all these photos to your computer (or phone) at once?
Sync Photos from Google Photos to PC on Website - Go to photos.google.com on your PC or Mac. Choose the photos you want to move and tap on Download. If you want to sync all the pictures on Google Photos, you need to elect the first image on it first and then keep holding Shift key and scroll down to the last photo. Next, click the last.
For starters, selective downloading is out of the question if you want to download more than a dozen photos. The manual process of downloading the pictures is too much of a hassle.
Then there's the inconvenience of unzipping the files and then re-arranging the photos as per your preference. More importantly, there's no support for external downloaders or to resume downloads later. In short, its a time consuming and an unpredictable affair.
So, what do you do in such situations?
Well, how does the idea of downloading all your Google Photos, Albums and Shared albums in one place on your computer sound? Not only will you get everything under one roof, but they also do not take up space on your system.
Sounds exciting? Well, let's get started.
Also on Guiding Tech
Who Can See My Google PhotosRead More
How to Download All Your Google Photos Albums
We'll take the aid of a third-party tool named RaiDrive. This one creates a network drive of Google Photos' storage on your PC, and in this way lets you explore all your files and folders from the convenience of Windows Explorer. Yep, there's your space saved since it doesn't sync the entire folder/drive to your PC.Download RaiDrive
Step 1: After you install the tool, click on the Add icon at the top. That will give you the option to choose which Google service you'd like to connect.
Step 2: Next, select Google Photos from the box. At this point, the app will give you the option to choose the drive name. While the default name is Z, you can pick any letter of your choice from the drop-down.
Step 3: Now assign a name to the Drive. Since I have attached a couple of other network drives, it lets me distinguish between all the drives.
Once you have verified all the settings (Reconnect at sign-in, Proxy), hit the OK button. You'll be asked for the Google Account details and the required permissions.
Step 4: After the app verifies your credentials, your Google Photos account will be linked to RaiDrive.
Initially, you won't see much progress as the tool will first index and then pull the content to your PC.
The best part of the RaiDrive's Network Drive is that all your photos are arranged neatly into folders that you can browse conveniently.
Plus, the Sharing folder will contain all the photos and albums that you have shared with your friends and buddies.Pro Tip: Connecting Google Photos is just the tip of the iceberg. You can also connect RaiDrive to your Google Drive to view all your document, files, and folders on your desktop.
Also on Guiding Tech
How To Download Google Photos
Click here to see our google photos articles page
Things to Keep in Mind
1. Read-Only Access
Google Photos On Mac
RaiDrive only gives read-only access to Google Photos. That means you can view all your photos and if you want, save them to a physical location on your computer. However, you can't directly upload from your PC to Google Photos.
To do that, you'll have to upload files either through your phone or via the Sync and Backup tool.
2. Indexing Might Take Time
Depending on the number of photos and your internet connection, it can take quite a bit of time to index the content of Google Photos.
3. Photo Quality
Again, the quality of the photos will be as per the one you chose while taking their backup.
If you had selected Original Quality, the same would get reflected here.
4. Forever Connected
To see and access all the photos, it goes without saying that your PC will have to stay connected to the internet.
5. Check the Bandwidth Consumption
Also, if you want to have a check on the bandwidth consumption, simply right-click on an album and see the size of the disk, just like you'd do on Windows explorer.Note: It'll take some time to compute the entire size of the folder. So you will have to be patient with that.
Also on Guiding Tech
Google Photos vs Google Drive: Which One To Use for Storing Your Photos?Read More
How to Disconnect a Network Drive from Google Photos
If you decide someday, that you do not need a network drive, you can disconnect it in a few steps.
Open the RaiDrive and click on the little Stop button. After that, the Drive will disappear immediately from your PC.
However, the RaiDrive will have access to your photos. To remove it, go to your Google Account and select Security from the left pane.Visit Google Account
Next, scroll down and click on the panel that says Manage third-party access.
That will give you a list of all the tools and service which has access to your Google account.
All you have to do is select RaiDrive and select Remove Access. That's it.
Download Photos like a Pro
That's how you can access and download all your Google Photos albums all at once to your Desktop and PC. The best thing is that the process is simple and doesn't take much time. Most importantly, it doesn't eat up unnecessary space on your PC.
Next up: Is Amazon Drive better than Google Drive? Read about their common and distinct features in the article below.
The above article may contain affiliate links which help support Guiding Tech. However, it does not affect our editorial integrity. The content remains unbiased and authentic.Read NextGoogle Drive vs Amazon Drive: In-Depth ComparisonAlso See#google drive #google photos
Did You Know
Google PhotoScan lets you scan your old photos, minus the flash.
More in Windows
Top 3 Fixes for Camera Not Working on Windows 10 PC
For Android phone users, Google Photos is a good tool to backup pictures so most of them know how to upload images from Android phone to Google Photos. However, getting the way to download Google Photos to Android or computer is also important or you will be unable to view and manage them. So, for the people who are unfamiliar with this operation, this article comes.
Download Google Photos to PC/Mac
Google Photos Download Mac
To download images from Google Photos to computer, there are two methods available:
1. Sync Photos from Google Photos to PC on Website
- Go to photos.google.com on your PC or Mac.
Download All Google Photos
- Choose the photos you want to move and tap on Download.
- If you want to sync all the pictures on Google Photos, you need to elect the first image on it first and then keep holding ShiftCapture one pro 10 mac download. key and scroll down to the last photo. Next, click the last photo to elect all photos. After that, you can tap on the three dot icon at the top right corner and select Download.
2. Use Google Takeout to Transfer the Pictures
Google Takeout is a program that can be used to download all files from Google Photos to computer, mobile phone or other devices.
- Open Google Takeout on your phone and then choose the Google service that you download photos from.
- Then, tap on Google Photos and click on Next.
- Next, you can select the file type and size to save Google photos and the way to receive pictures.
- Finally, tap on Download to store all the photos from Google Photos to your computer.
Tips to Save Facebook Photos to Android
Move Pictures from Google Photos to Android Phone
It is also feasible to sync Google Photos to Android phone. Here, you have two options as well:
1. Save Google Photos to Device
This means allows you to move images from Google Photos to Gallery in the App directly. But by using this method, you can only transfer one picture at a time.
- Launch Google Photos on your device and choose the photo you want to transfer.
- Tap on the menu icon (three dot icon) on the top and click on Save to the device and then the selected image will be downloaded to Gallery.
2. Download Multiple Pictures on Google Photos via Google Drive
If you want to sync multiple photos rather than only one picture to mobile phone, you can complete it in virtue of Google Drive.
- Run Google Drive on your phone and elect Google Photos.
- Tick the pictures that you want to transfer from Google Photos. (If you want to move all the photos, you can tap on three dots icon and click Select All.)
- Hit Download button to begin the syncing process.
A Simpler Way to Backup Android Photos
Some users might be tired of backing up photos to Google Photos or dislike this way. In this case, you can select a new way to accomplish the Android photos syncing process- MobiKin Android Photos Manager. It enables you to transfer images from Android to computer to make a backup. And it is worth mentioning that all the photos on your phone can be moved within simple clicks. It sounds great, right? Just download the free trial of the program to have a try.
- Launch the installed software and then connect your Android phone to computer via USB cable. After that, you will be asked to enable USB debugging on your phone. Just go with the prompt to open it and tick USB debugging opened and Next to start scanning the phone.
- When the scan is finished, you will get its main interface with several categories like photos, videos, books, apps and so on.
- Just tap on Photo folder and select Phone Gallery to preview the contents. Then select the images that you want to transfer and hit Export to move them to PC.